Commercial Lorries and Trucks Get the Job Done
When you require a large, heavy-duty vehicle for transporting, moving, or lifting, then you most likely want a commercial truck. These tough and heavy vehicles are built to handle any type of job and have powerful engines and payloads. When you need a commercial lorry that fits your budget, you can find many types of inexpensive, used commercial trucks for sale in the UK on eBay.
The classification of a commercial truck
In the UK, a commercial vehicle is classed as weighing more than 3.5 tonnes or as possessing a payload of more than one tonne. These vehicles are classified as commercial trucks: lorry, tractor, van, pickup truck, and car derived van.
Types of commercial lorries for sale
Commercial lorries and trucks are used for a multitude of jobs that require heavy lifting and moving. If you're looking for a lorry for sale or truck for sale, these are some of the main types of commercial trucks in use:
- Dump truck – These are universally useful trucks that can carry and tip out all manners of loose particles, such as dirt, rocks, and debris.
- Tractor-trailer – These large commercial trucks are often known as 18-wheelers. They are used for hauling many types of products from location to location.
- Flatbed – Flatbed trucks are used for jobs like logging and for transporting lumber. They can carry large and heavy loads.
- Tanker – A tanker is designed to carry liquids in a type of tube placed behind the cab. The most common types of tankers are fuel trucks.
- Refrigerator truck – These trucks move produce and other foods that need to be refrigerated while being transported. Food plants and grocery stores use these types of trucks.
- Rubbish truck – These trucks transport refuse.
- Recovery truck – Recovery trucks are often used to move waste containers to refuse centres.
- Low loader – A low loader is a very useful truck for carrying heavy items on the highways. It has two drop levels on the bed and is very low to the road. This allows for the transportation of very tall objects that would not fit under overpasses and bridges when seated on regular flatbeds.
What types of engines do new and used commercial lorries have?
Commercial lorries are primarily powered by diesel engines. If you're looking for newer commercial lorries for sale in the UK, the newest diesel engines are equipped to process fuel efficiently and emit minimal pollutants.
Major brands of eBay UK commercial trucks
There are many companies that manufacture affordable heavy-duty commercial lorries and trucks for all types of heavy work. These are some of the main manufacturers that you can find on eBay:
- John Deere