What You Need to Know About Cremation Urns
Dealing with the passing of a loved one can be a difficult experience. This can be made worse by having to handle important decisions, such as what type of cremation urn to get. Learning more about cremation urns and the different types available will help you choose the right memorial for your loved one.What are the different types of cremation urns?
Cremation urns come in a wide array of types and styles. They vary in material and sizes, and some can be engraved or personalized. Some of the available urns on eBay include:
- Wood urns - They are made from just about any wood, but maple, cherry, oak, walnut, poplar, and pine are some commonly used materials for these cremation urns. They are often stained and decorated with laser etchings or inlays.
- Marble urns - These are not only a beautiful memorial, but they are also very sturdy and can last for generations. They are made from natural limestone and are polished to achieve an elegant appearance.
- Decorative urns - Decorative urns serve two purposes. The first is they can act as a temporary holder for ceremonies if the family hasn't decided upon a permanent one. They can also be used in urn gardens or columbarium niches.
- Ceramic urns - Ceramic urns are made from porcelain or clay burned in a stove to achieve a finish that looks similar to glass. Artists will often paint a scene that fits with the personality of your passed loved one.
- Metal urns - These are a common choice if you plan on burying the urn. They can be made out of any type of metal, but bronze and brass are two commonly used materials for these type of ash holders.
Keepsake urns are small urns that work well for when you want to share the ashes with family. This will allow multiple people to have a keepsake of their loved one's ashes. These types of urns are available in various forms, such as miniature urns, necklaces, and keychains. Keepsake urns also work well for when you want to keep some of the ashes that will be scattered.How do you choose an urn?
While the type is an important aspect of choosing a funeral urn, it's not the only thing that you should consider. The size of the funeral urn is also important. Most urns have a maximum amount of ashes they can hold, and this may or may not eliminate certain urns for your requirements. For example, the ashes of an adult will probably not fit within an urn made for an infant. You should also consider your passed love one and their personality and chose an urn that fits them and their unique style.