Dog food is a complete meal that is packed with all the nutrients, omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins your dog needs to be healthy, fit and happy.
The nutritious and popular packaged dog foods support balanced growth and include specially selected ingredients for optimal health and wellbeing.
Differences between life stage dog food
- Puppy – Puppies and junior dogs require a diet that supports their physical development. Puppy food is enriched with antioxidants to develop a strong immune system and is adapted for an active metabolism
- Adult – Adult dogs prefer food that is moderately dense and easily digestible. Their premium pet food also includes natural supplements and nutrients to promote continued health and vitality
- Senior – Mature dogs have a tendency to gain weight and require dog food that optimises weight management. The high-protein, low fat foods help to maintain muscle mass whilst limiting weight gain
The health benefits of packaged dog food
A dog’s diet has to supply all of the nourishment that your pet’s body needs. This means that the food must contain the required amount of protein for sustained energy, nutrients for optimal health, and vitamins to ensure your dog’s cellular process keeps going.
Wet and dry foods, that are conveniently packaged, minimise your feeding efforts and maximise the benefits to your dog’s health and vitality.
Types of food
- Wet food – Wet food is available in cans, pouches and trays. Because wet food contains a larger amount of water than dry food, the feeding amount is higher
- Dry food – Dry dog food is traditionally made from dried and ground ingredients, and is the most popular complete food for dogs
- Low fat food – Healthy low fat dog food helps your pet maintain a sleek physique
- High Protein – Most high protein dry dog food contains 20-30% protein, which is sufficient for your pet
- Hypo-allergenic – 100% natural hypo-allergenic dog food contains selected protein and carbohydrate sources to reduce ingredient and nutrient intolerances