Dog Pooper Scoopers & Bags
When your dog makes a mess in a public space, you are obliged by law to clean it up with a pooper scooper or a poop bag. These come in different types and are all aimed at ensuring you can dispose of the mess hygienically, leaving no trace behind.
Differences between a Scooper and a Bag
- Scooper – a tool you can use for picking up dog mess from the ground. Usually made of plastic, a scoop keeps the poop away from your hands.
- Bag – a disposable bag for either picking up the poop directly (wrapping it over your hand first to keep it clean, or for putting the poop into before disposing of it.
Types of Pooper Scooper
- Long handled scooper – for easy pick up of dog poop. Styled like a golf ball grabber or litter picker, they enable you to pick up the mess without bending down.
- Simple scooper – a simple scooping device like a trowel, for picking up the mess and disposing of it.
- Scooper with bags – an all in one scooper and poop bag unit that enables you to pick up the mess and put it into a disposable bag at the same time.
Types of Poop Bag
- Biodegradable bags – designed to meet international standards for biodegradability so you can help save the planet as well as keep it clean.
- Scented bags – help to mask the smell of the dog poop whilst you carry it away for disposal. Available in different scents depending on your preference.
- Handled bags – easy to carry and you can use the handles for tying the bag closed.
- Thick bags – for those occasions when you need a thicker barrier between your fingers and the dog poop, thicker bags are available.
Benefits of a Pooper Scooper/Poop Bag
- Clean – keeps the area clean and tidy, whether in your garden or outside when you’re taking your dog for a walk.
- Legal – many areas of the country offer spot fines for dog fouling, so you can stay on the right side of the law by clearing up your dog’s poop.
- Hygienic – keeps the area free from dog mess that can potentially be dangerous to humans – especially young children.
- Eco friendly – the biodegradable bags enable you to help conserve the earth’s natural resources and be kind to the environment.