Liven up the Party with a Flame Machine
Flamethrowers are great at inducing the excitement that precedes a grand entrance in live performance. You can use them to liven the party when you playlist hits the crowd’s favourite song. With the right flame machine, what you can do with these lighting effects is limited only by your imagination.What flame machine options are available?
The choice of a flame machine depends mostly on where you want to place it. Common options are:
- Standalone flamethrowers: You can use it on stage as well as along the walls. You can find both single and multiple head options on eBay.
- Flamethrower bars: Create a raging bushfire effect light effect on the stage using these flame machine bars.
- Butane torches and handheld flamethrowers: They give performers a chance to light up the party literally.
Flame machines that use fuels provide real fire effects, which create an exciting effect. However, there are flame machines that use flamethrower simulation technology to produce flame effects. They have lower operational cost and provide additional flexibility.Are fuel flame machines fuel-specific?
Fuel flame machines are designed to use a combination diesel, petrol, and a fuel thickener. Most machines come with instructions on the appropriate ratios, but some leave this to your creativity.Can you use pressurised air instead of CO2 in the flame machine?
Theoretically, yes. However, it is cumbersome to attain the required pressure with air. Again, the oxygen in the air poses a fire hazard risk. Carbon (iv) Oxide is used because:
- It is readily available, making replacement easy.
- It is cheap.
- It is very stable.
- It liquefies at low pressure, making it a secure source of consistent pressure.
- It is an inert gas, which eliminates the possibility of internal fire.
Canister-based flame machines are becoming common in clubs because of the following reasons:
- They do not require external propane tanks, valves, or trailing pipes.
- Their firing systems do not comprise of accumulators and internal valves, therefore reducing the possibility of blockages and leakages.
- They provide a wide range of colours.
- They use different types of fuels such as butane, propane, ethanol, and methanol.
- Some of them have a wireless control option.