What You Need to Know about Fujifilm FinePix Digital Cameras
The Fujifilm FinePix is a series of digital cameras that spans the spectrum between different technologies. It includes point and shoot cameras, mirrorless cameras, bridge cameras, and digital SLR cameras. eBay makes it easy to find all kinds of new or pre-owned cameras.How do you choose the right FinePix camera?
The Fujiflm FinePix brand has a camera series for all types of consumer needs. Here is the difference between them:
- Point and shoot - The simple point and shoot camera has a focus free or autofocusing lens.
- Bridge cameras - Bridge cameras feature manual control but lack interchangeable lenses.
- Digital SLR camera - A digital SLR camera has an interchangeable lens and an optical viewfinder.
- Mirrorless - A mirrorless camera has a single removable lens and a digital display system rather than an optical viewfinder.
There are many different factors that determine the quality of the camera, including the image resolution, the video capture quality, the focal length, the quality of the sensor, the number of built-in modes, and the ISO speed, meaning the camera's sensitivity to light.What are the main types of FinePix cameras?
These are the most common types of FinePix cameras:
- F Series - This is a compact digital camera with low image noise and high colour quality at high ISO. It works well in poor lighting conditions.
- J Series - A replacement for the similar A series, this is an entry-level point and shoot digital camera.
- S and HS Series - This is a digital bridge camera with a manual zoom function, an electronic viewfinder, and a maximum ISO setting of 12,800.
- T Series - This is a compact digital camera with 10x optical zoom and 67x digital zoom.
- X Series - Sporting high image quality, this digital camera is aimed at the professional and high-end consumer market.
- XP Series - This is a tough, durable point and shoot camera designed to go anywhere. It is waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, and freezeproof.
- Z Series - This is an ultra-slim point and shoot digital camera with a folding optics lens designed to extend the length of the optical system.
- Real 3D Series - This camera series captures stereoscopic 3D images as well as basic 2D images.
The FinePix brand can vary widely in their feature set, but many models use Fujifilm's proprietary Super CCD technology and a CMOS sensor. The Super CCD technology consists of octagonal instead of rectangular light sensors. This creates a higher vertical and horizontal resolution. A CMOS sensor, which essentially converts photons into electrons, is used in certain high-end cameras to process the image with low noise and high light sensitivity.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Fujifilm.