Gretsch Drum Kits
The Gretsch brand is renowned for producing extremely high quality musical instruments. Established in 1883, Gretsch has produced a range of innovative features throughout its history, which has seen Gretsch drums played by some of the world’s top musicians across a variety of genres.
Different types of drum kit
- Rock kits - These are built to have a deeper tone, offering more volume and power which is well suited for rock music. Rock drum kits generally have 12, 13, and 16-inch toms, and a large 22 x 18-inch bass drum
- Jazz kits - A jazz kit is designed to be fast and light, making them perfect for jazz style drumming. Jazz kits usually have a much smaller bass drum and shallower toms. The Gretsch name is well associated with jazz, having produced a number of legendary jazz kits in its history
- Fusion kits - They offer a middle ground between rock and jazz drum kits. With smaller toms than a rock kit (typically 10, 12, and 14″ toms), they can provide the speed of a jazz kit but with the extra power associated with rock tones
Although these are considered to be the three main drum kit set ups, Gretsch offer a wide range of different drums allowing you to customise your kit to fit your own style.
Benefits of owning a Gretsch drum kit
- Respected brand history – Gretsch is a well-respected drum brand which has been associated with many world renowned drummers. Their drums and parts are known to be of a high standard and tradition
- To suit your budget – There are Gretsch drum kits for all budgets and abilities
- Variety – There are many customisable options allowing you to tailor your drum kit to meet your needs
- Selection of finishes - Whether you want to play glam, jazz or heavy metal, a number of different finishes enables you to find a drum kit that fits your look as well as your sound
- Accessories – Gretsch offer a selection of accessories, from practice pads which allow you to play without disturbing the neighbours, to cases and replacement drumheads
Durability and care
- Replacement Parts –Interchangeable replacement parts provide a low cost way to upgrade or adapt your kit when necessary
- Durability – Gretsch drum kits are hardwearing, built to handle the stresses of regular playing, and they offer years of drumming.