Shop by category
Shop by Brand
Great prices on popular products
- Martin Acoustic Guitar Strings M170 Extra Light 10-47 - 3 Sets£12.99Free postage
- Fender Strap Blocks - 2 Pairs Black & Red£3.50Free postage
Save on Guitars & Basses
- Jescar Nickel - Silver Medium/ Medium Frets/ Guitar Fret Wire 6 Feet 43080£6.61Trending at £10.47
- Elixir Electric Guitar Sets Ultra-Thin Nanoweb Coating - Light (0.010 - 0.046)£15.43Trending at £28.63
- NEW Martin M170 3 PACK Acoustic Guitar Strings Extra Light 10 - 47 M170PK3£12.99Trending at £15.01
- Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Nickel Strings£5.00Trending at £5.68
- Ernie Ball Paradigm Super Slinky 9-42 Break Resistant£14.99Trending at £15.18
- Genuine OAK GRIGSBY 5 WAY SUPER SWITCH 4 Pole Double Wafer EP-0788-B00£19.95Trending at £24.00
- Fender Strap Blocks - 2 Pairs, Black & Red£3.50Trending at £3.75
- Ernie Ball 2546 Everlast Phosphor Bronze Medium-Light Acoustic Strings 12 - 54£16.49Trending at £30.42
- Ernie Ball 2223 Nickel Super Slinky Custom Gauge Electric Guitar StringsTrending price£5.46 New
- Ernie Ball 2220 Power Slinky Electric Guitar Strings 11-48Trending price£5.01 New
- Ernie Ball 2223X3 9-42 Super Slinky Electric Guitar Strings (pack of 3)Trending price£14.97 New
- Padded Guitar Wall Hanger Bracket 4 x Hook MountTrending price£2.50 New
- Switchcraft Short 3-way Toggle Switch Nickel for Gibson W Choice of Tip BlackTrending price£14.60 New
- Martin Acoustic Guitar Strings M170 Extra Light 10-47 - 3 SetsTrending price£13.04 New
- 1 Set of 2222 Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky 09-46 2 Plain Electric Guitar StringsTrending price£5.01 New
EXTRA 20% OFFFrom convertape
EXTRA 20% OFF WHEN YOU BUY 3 OR MOREFrom easybao123
BUY 1, GET 1 AT 50% OFF (add 2 to basket)From perfect-gadget
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to basket)From black..dog
BUY 2, GET 1 FREE (add 3 to basket)From dong.2014
EXTRA 20% OFF WHEN YOU BUY 3 OR MOREFrom rothkoandfrostuk
BUY 1, GET 1 AT 40% OFF (add 2 to basket)From effects_pedal_power_supplies
Hot this week
- 10 x GUITAR PICKS PLECTRUM Plec ELECTRIC ACOUSTIC BASS Assorted Colours£1.54161 sold
- Guitar Capo Clamp For Electric & Acoustic Ukulele Guitar Quick Trigger Release£1.95155 sold
- Guitar Wall Hangers with Lifetime Warranty Mount Holder Hook Bracket Hanger£2.99131 sold
- Set of 6 Replacement Steel Acoustic Guitar Strings UK Seller£1.69100 sold
- RayGar Guitar Floor Stand Holder A Frame Universal Fits Acoustic Electric Bass£6.9990 sold
- Jack Guitar Lead: Cable Bass/Electric/Acoustic/Instrument to Amp, Life Warranty£4.4987 sold
- Ernie Ball Slinky Guitar Strings - SINGLE STRING PACKS - All Gauges .008 - .062£1.0082 sold
- FULL-SIZE PADDED PROTECTIVE CLASSICAL ACOUSTIC GUITAR BAG CARRY BACK CASE BLACK£6.9071 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Electric Guitar Neck For ST Parts Replacement 22 Fret Maple£20.89Free postageMake offer
Guitars & Basses
The guitar is one of the most famous instruments used anywhere around the world. People have been playing a version of the guitar for hundreds of years, though the most well known type of music associated with the guitar is probably the sort that has dominated popular culture since the 1950s – pop or rock.
Guitars are available in different styles – such as acoustic guitars used by folk singers or classical musicians, as well as electric guitars used by rock guitar players and semi electric guitars that are a hybrid of the acoustic and electric variety.
Bass guitars provide the lower notes to accompany a tune. A bass guitar in combination with a set of drums is often known as the ‘rhythm section’ of a music group.
Types of Guitar and Bass Guitar
There are many different types of guitar and bass guitar, including:
- Acoustic guitars – a guitar that you might see being played in a folk club or orchestra. These guitars don’t require electrification to make their sound heard.
- Electric guitars – as the name suggests, these guitars utilise electricity (in the form of an amplifier) to increase the level of the sound so people can hear what’s being played.
- Bass guitars – provide the lower notes and often act in collaboration with a set of drums.
- Branded guitars and bass guitars – there are many brands of guitar and bass guitar, including well known names such as Fender and Gibson, as well as many other brands.
Guitar and Bass Accessories
- Guitar strings – both guitars and bass guitars will require spare strings that can be used as replacements for when the originals wear out
- Plectrums and picks – you may wish to use a plectrum to pluck or strum the strings of your guitar
- Guitar cases – for transporting or storing your guitar or bass. Can be soft or hard cases.
- Guitar and bass amplifiers – electric guitars and electric bass guitars require amplification of their sound, which is where the amplifier (“amp”) comes in. It acts to turn the vibration of the guitar strings into a louder sound that is played through the amp speaker
- Guitar stands – you may wish to keep your guitar safe by storing it on a stand when not in use