All You Need to Know About Hi-Fi System Turntables
Step back in time with hi-fi record turntables. Choose from a variety of affordable styles on eBay that offer Bluetooth compatibility along with clock and radio features.What are some features of hi-fi turntables?
Hi-fi vinyl record players come with different features based on the type of unit you get. Some come with cassette options, while others come with AM/FM radios. Whichever the type, most come with the following features:
- Adjustable speed:A lever is provided to switch speeds. Choose from 78, 45, or 33 RPMs. 33 is the slowest speed, 45 is the normal speed, and 78 is the highest speed.
- Wireless Bluetooth connection:Most hi-fi record players are Bluetooth compatible. Connect your turntable to any Bluetooth speaker if you don't have access to stereo speakers, or if you want to make the volume from your record player louder.
- Dust cover:Protect your hi-fi record players, and the record, from collecting dust and ruining the machine. The dust cover opens and closes up and down, or it can be detached from the turntable if need be.
- Built-in clock:Many hi-fi vinyl record tables come with an analogue clock that shows the time in AM/PM format. Some also feature an alarm, just like an alarm clock.
- Headphone jack and AUX input:Choose to connect headphones to the vinyl turntable for private listening or connect stereo speakers with an aux cord for more amplified listening.
Most hi-fi turntables have excellent speakers built into the entire unit. The external two-way speakers produce powerful and clear sound. You can opt to control the bass and treble levels by the unit's control panel, located either in digital format on the screen, or manual buttons near the speakers.Are hi-fi turntables portable?
These vinyl record players are certainly portable, though some are better kept in the home where they won't acquire any damage. The dimensions of turntables range from 20.9 by 16.8 by 14.8 inches to 15 inches by 14 inches by 8 inches. The weights range from 30 to 60 kilograms depending on the type table. For the easiest portability, choose a suitcase turntable. These are the lightest weight, fold up and lock easily, and include a carrying handle.What are vinyl turntables made from?
Hi-fi turntables are made from a mixture of multiple materials, such as wood, plastic, vinyl, and metal. Luxury turntables are made from wood, and are the heaviest of the units, while the typical, mid-range turntables are made from metal bodies with plastic dust covers.