Shop by Interface
Shop by Readable Format(s)
Save on Internal Desktop CD, DVD and Blu-ray Drives
- LITEON Ihas124-14 24x SATA Internal DVDRW Black Lite-On UK SELLER£13.32 New£12.94 Used
- LITEON IHAS124 DVDRW 24x SATA Internal DVD Drive£13.95 New£12.99 Used
Hot this week
- LITEON IHAS124-14 Dual Layer DVDRW 24x SATA Internal Optical DVD Drive Black OEM£13.954 left
- Asus DRW-24D5MT 24X SATA DVD-RW PC Internal Optical Disc Drive Black - OEM£13.7521 sold
- Internal SATA DVD RW Disc Drive 5.25" for Desktop PC Computer£7.9911 sold
- Internal OEM ASUS Sata DVD Re-Writer DRW-24D5MT£13.758 sold
- DVD Writer DVDRW Desktop PC Drive SATA SH-216 TS-H653 FULLY WORKING£7.208 sold
- HP/Samsumg TS-H353 16X 5.25" Internal DVD Drive Rom SATA For Desktop PC Computer£7.957 sold
- New Portable USB External DVD CD RW ROM Drive/Burner/Writer-Windows/Mac/Linux£14.995 sold
- ASUS 24X DRW-24D5MT RETAIL EDITION SATA INTERNAL DVD/RW OPTICAL DRIVE£15.025 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
Make an offer
- NEW LiteOn IHAS124-14 Internal DVD RW Writer SATA 24x - Black£14.38Free postageMake offer
- Sony Optiarc AD-7280S CD/DVD/DVD-RW Drive - Internal CD DVD WRITER£14.75+ £3.25 postageMake offer
Internal Desktop CD, DVD and Blu Ray Drives
If you have a desktop computer, it may be that your machine doesn't have a media drive built in. So you may wish to insert one of the range of internal desktop CD DVD and Blu Ray drives for yourself, to expand the range of media you can access on your machine.
Or perhaps your computer's internal drive has broken or become damaged. So you may want to fit a replacement one, saving yourself some money rather than going to the expense of replacing the whole unit.
Some types of CD, DVD and Blu Ray drives for desktop computers
Some of the internal drives you can buy are designed simply for playing or accessing the disks you insert. These enable you to listen to music through your computer speakers , or watch your favourite films on the computer screen. Or simply to access programs and files that are stored on the disk in question.
Other types of drive allow you to record data onto the disk (a process known as "burning" the files onto the disk). A DVD or Blu Ray recorder drive will allow you to burn CDs as well as DVDs and Blu Ray disks, while a CD recorder will only allow you to burn your files onto a CD disk. There are many reasons you may wish to record your data in this way, such as for backup purposes or if you need to make a copy of something to give to someone else.
Many household name brands produce their own internal desktop drives, or you can choose an unbranded generic version.
You should always ensure you know what you're doing when you fit any components into your desktop computer . PCs are designed to store electricity and can be dangerous when opened up. Also, you may damage some of the sensitive internal workings of your computer by mishandling it, so always ensure you follow the instructions and are careful with what you're doing.