Laminate Vinyl Flooring Is Attractive and Easy to Maintain
Current laminate flooring is not what you may remember from your parents' day. The bland rubbery squares of yesterday have been replaced with beautifully coloured and detailed flooring that can resemble almost any type of surface, without sacrificing ease of maintenance. You can shop new, used, and pre-owned laminate flooring sales on eBay for flooring that looks like wood, stone, and ceramic.Styles of laminate vinyl flooring
There are many styles of laminate vinyl flooring. Laminate is either in tiles or planks and can be of varying quality. The more detailed and thicker the top layers, the more expensive the flooring is. However, laminate is still less expensive than real stone, wood, or tile. The most common styles of cheap laminate flooring are:
- Wood grain - Wood flooring is the most well-known style of laminate flooring. The flooring is most often laid in a floating type of installation with lock-and-groove-planks.
- Marble - Marble is a beautiful choice and can come in a variety of subtle hues that resemble different types of marble.
- Limestone - Limestone is a good choice of style because of its earthy tones.
- Slate floors - These floors speak of elegance. Laminate vinyl floors that resemble slate add a sophisticated appearance to your home.
- Travertine - Travertine is a type of limestone that is pitted and troughed. Travertine laminate floors emulate these characteristics.
There are four basic types of laminate flooring that are classified by the type of installation required. These types of flooring are available:
- Glueless laminate flooring - This type of laminate flooring installation does not require glue. It is typically installed in a tongue and groove interlocking method that allows for quick installation.
- Glued laminate flooring - Glued laminate flooring has to be glued to the floor. This makes for a very strong floor but takes more time to install.
- Pre-glued laminate flooring - The glue is already applied to this type of flooring. The edges have to be dampened to activate the glue. It is quick and easy to install.
- Underlay attached - These glueless planks come with an included underlay, so all you need to do is snap them into place. They are typically tongue and groove, and the underlay reduces noise.
Laminate vinyl flooring comes in two different texture qualities. Smooth laminate flooring is durable and easy to clean because there are no grooves between the individual tiles. Embossed laminate flooring is made with multiple polymer materials that are raised in patterns.