A Buyer's Guide to Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG Cars
The Mercedes-Benz SL, or super light class, is a performance car tailored to the luxury market. The SL55 AMG by Mercedes-Benz was released in model year 2002, and each of these rare cars was hand-built at the AMG plant in Affalterbach, Germany. On eBay, you can choose different specifications, trim levels, colours, and engines of a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG for sale at a reasonable price.Engine options for a gently used SL55 AMG by Mercedes-Benz
The available engines for the Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG include the 5.5-litre V-8, which is naturally aspirated and produces 260 British horsepower. It is a supercharged V-8 and delivers 367 Newton-metres of torque. Another engine option for the SL55 AMG is the 3.7-litre V-8. It provides 245 British horsepower. Kompressor engine retooling is another option, and it features the use of compressed and cooled oxygen in order to increase combustion and power to the engine.Specifications of the fast Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG cars for sale
Specs for the stylish Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG cars follow. See the manufacturer site for details.
- Transmission: It has a five-speed automatic transmission.
- Curb weight: The SL55 AMG weighs 1,960 kilogrammes.
- Wheelbase: The wheelbase measures 2.56 metres.
- Maximum acceleration: The maximum acceleration rate is 7.1 metres per second.
- Top speed: The top speed of the car is 250 kilometres per hour.
Trim levels and features of this model include:
- 50th anniversary edition: This trim edition was released in 2007 and included burgundy leather seats, black ash wood on the dashboard, and 46.5-centimetre spoke alloy wheels.
- Standard trim: This trim features a three-slat chrome grille and an option to convert the engine to a maximum speed of 300 kilometres per hour.
- 2006 face-lift: This trim update features electrically powered mirrors, electric heated seats, and rear parking sensors.
- Supercharged: This trim level involves engine and transmission changes, including a twin screw supercharger and water-to-air intercooler as well as a torque converter for the five-speed transmission.
When you're shopping for a cool Mercedes-Benz SL55 AMG car, consider its:
- Colour: The options include black, blue, silver, and white. There are metallic versions of the black, blue, and silver hues.
- Wheel material: There are titanium and alloy options.
- Model year: The range is 2002 to 2008.
- Number of seats: The range is two to five.
- Comfort options: Choose from powered seats, power-assisted steering, climate control, and cruise control.