Everything You Need to Know About Buying Microwave Parts and Accessories
The microwave has become a necessary kitchen appliance for many households. Whether you are seeking microwave parts for a repair or simply shopping for accessories, you may have questions. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know about shopping for microwave parts on eBay.What types of microwave parts can you buy online?
You can find all sorts of microwave accessories and parts for sale online at eBay. They range from simple accessories like trays and their supports to parts for more serious repairs. When you are shopping on eBay for microwave parts, here are some types of parts that are commonly available for sale:
- Microwave capacitors and thermal switches
- Light bulbs
- Doors, door latches, and handles
- Exhaust components like fans and filters
- Control panels and electronic boards
With all the parts that are available, you want to make sure you buy the right ones for your microwave. Following these steps can help.
- Determine the brand and model number of your microwave so any parts you purchase are for the right one.
- Then, try to establish what the problem with your microwave is. That can be simple if the glass turntable tray broke, but it can also be more involved. It doesn't have to be difficult, though. For most microwaves, troubleshooting may be as simple as looking in the owner's manual for a guide to common problems and their solutions.
- Decide if you want to purchase new or used microwave parts. Accessories like trays and supports are commonly sold as used. You may find it more economical to buy a used microwave that you can use as is or dismantle for its parts.
While parts tend to indicate a repair, accessories are useful tools that may help you use your microwave. Here are some of the most common types of microwave oven accessories you may find for sale:
- Glass microwave trays, turntables, and their supports are among the most commonly available accessories.
- You can also find door handles for a wide variety of brands like GE, Frigidaire, and Samsung.
- Mounting brackets to attach your microwave to the wall or under cabinets may be a helpful accessory if you want to free up counter space. Some can even be folded up out of the way when they are not in use.
- Everyday accessories like food covers can help contain splatter and make cleanup easier.