Shop by Brand
Great prices on popular products
Save on Other Fishing Baits, Lures & Flies
- 100 Fishing Lures Spinners Plugs Spoons Soft Bait Pike Trout Salmon+Box Set BT£9.00Trending at £9.46
- 56Pcs/lot Almighty Mixed Fishing Lure Bait Set Kit Wobbler Crankbait Swimbait£20.86Trending at £22.19
- Savage Gear 3D Bleak Glide Swimmer // 47064 // Dirty Silver 13,5cm 28g Lure£12.00Trending at £12.49
- SS 20cm 66g 8-segment Multi-jointed Pike Swimbait Hard Treble Hook£4.58Trending at £4.80
- Savage Gear Fat Minnow T-Tail Kit 30+6pcs CRAZY PRICE£22.99Trending at £27.69
- Savage Gear Suicide Duck 15cm Natural 70g *Now With Extra Stinger Wire!*53733£13.99Trending at £15.15
- Savage Gear 3D Real Eel Ready To Fish 30cm£8.48Trending at £9.68
- Savage Gear MP Paravane - Left Hand£18.30Trending at £18.99
Hot this week
- 1pcs Rechargeable Twitching Fishing Lures Bait USB Cords Recharging Hooks Tackle£3.473 left
- FRESH CRAB SEA FISHING BAIT RAW CRAB CART 12X READY BAITS BASS COD£6.994 left
- 11cm 22g Vivid Soft Fish Head Fishing Lures Bait Sinking Lead Jigging For Ocean£0.9936 sold
- NGT Fishing Tackle 4 Pack Soft Bait, Plugs & Spinner Set, Pike Perch Trout Lures£4.9928 sold
- Hard Multi Jointed Lure Lifelike Fishing Bait Swimbait Crank Pike TRY IT NOW£4.8526 sold
- Mepps Aglia Spinners / Lures - Sea Trout Pike Perch Salmon Bass Fishing Tackle£4.2925 sold
- ABU TOBY FISHING LURES SALMON SEA TROUT PIKE SPINNER CHOOSE COLOUR & SIZE£2.9922 sold
- 4-Segement Pike Lure With Mouth Swimbait Lure Bait Fishing Tackle 12cm 17g New£2.8522 sold
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- SAVAGE GEAR 3D BURBOT 25CM 75G PIKE FISHING LURE NEW 2017£13.99Free postageMake offer
Other Fishing Baits, Lures and Flies
All anglers use various types of lures to catch fish. Different lures work for different fish. Some anglers use natural lures, while others use artificial ones. Natural bait includes things like maggots, worms, fish or live insects such as nymphs. Artificial bait includes things like plastic bait, jelly lures and fishing flies. It also includes other fishing baits lures and flies such as spinners, spoons and plugs.
Artificial fishing baits and lures fall into three broad categories: hard bait, soft bait and flies.
Hard fishing baits and lures
Hard fishing baits and lures include spoons, spinners and plugs. Spoon lures are concave like the bowl of a spoon and work by reflecting light to attract the fish. They work well for catching large fish such as pike, salmon and trout.
Spinners have a blade that spins to create vibrations and catch the attention of the fish. They're popular for game fishing. Plugs, also known as poppers, are designed to imitate prey fish. They're often used for pollack and mackerel. Other hard fishing baits and lures include crankbaits and gliders.
Soft fishing baits and lures
Soft or jelly fishing baits and lures are usually known simply as plastic bait . Soft, flexible and rubbery, they're designed to look like prey fish and other creatures such as frogs, worms and shrimps.
Because they can look more realistic than other fishing baits and lures and are a budget friendly type of lure, plastic fishing baits are a popular choice for many anglers in the UK. Soft plastic fishing lures are ideal for bass fishing.
Fly-fishing, where anglers use an artificial fly to catch a fish, is hugely popular in the UK. Fishing flies come in many different shapes, sizes and colours and different flies suit different fish.
Fishing flies can be used to catch several different species of fish, including trout, pike, salmon and bass. Lots of anglers invest in good quality flies that can be used over and over again.