What To Look Out For When Choosing a Touchscreen Laptop
Since the introduction of advanced touchscreen technology in the 2010s, touchscreen laptops have become increasingly more prevalent. Instead of relying only on a trackpad, trackball, or mouse, touchscreen laptops can rely on human touch. This makes them more versatile and convenient than traditional laptop computers. eBay offers a wide variety of touchscreen laptops and tablets in order to meet the needs of different users.What are the different types of touchscreen laptops?
Before deciding which touchscreen laptop to purchase, you'll want to consider several factors, such as the weight, what you'll be using it for, and whether you'll need a physical keyboard. The weight of the device is important if you plan to carry or hold the device for extended periods of time. eBay has a large selection of laptops with touchscreen functionality, each designed for different purposes. Here are some of the different types available:
- Touchscreen Tablets: Everything is packed into a handy screen, so you can bring it along everywhere you go. They can usually be paired with wireless Bluetooth keyboards. If used with a stand, they can function as a laptop while working at a desk.
- Touchscreen Laptops: With the familiarity and processing power of traditional laptops, touchscreen laptops can be controlled with built-in trackpads or by touching their glossy screens.
- Convertible Laptops: A hybrid tablet-laptop device that brings together the best of both worlds. The screen is usually configured so that it can flip 180 degrees. These devices can be used as a tablet without having to sacrifice the convenience of a physical keyboard and trackpad.
Although many computers use SSD storage, some of the more affordable models may use HDD storage. Here is what you should know about HDD versus SSD storage:
- SSD: Solid state drives are usually found in tablets, and they're sometimes offered as upgrade options for convertible or touchscreen laptops. Data retrieval is usually much faster with an SSD. They also offer excellent endurance and can last up to two centuries, even with the continued use of providing higher data integrity.
- HDD: Hard disk drives have been around for decades. They are often used as a standard on convertible and touchscreen laptops. HDDs offer higher storage capacity for a much lower price than SSDs.