Garden Privacy Screens & Windscreens
Garden privacy screens and windscreens are used to create the idea or illusion of separate spaces within an outdoor area.
Screens of this type can be used to highlight different areas of your garden, or different uses of various areas of your garden.
Privacy screens may also be used to provide privacy within an overlooked garden, or to shield a more exposed part of the house.
Types Of Privacy Screen & Windscreen
- Artificial faux ivy/leaf hedge - made from panels covered in artificial ivy or artificial foliage and foliage. This variety of screen is rolled on and attached to a fence or posts and can be adjusted in height or width with individual panels clipping to each other. Typically, a faux leaf hedge can be seen through to an extent
- Reed/bamboo screening - made from natural reeds or bamboo held together by wire. Attached to posts or fencing with garden staples or cable ties. Non-adjustable in height or length, but several screens can provide a continuous look when positioned next to each other
- Shade netting/windbreak - material bought in rolls that provides additional privacy when attached to posts or other open structures. Typically green in colour
- Artificial hedge - usually designed to resemble conifer, this provides a low maintenance alternative to a real hedge to increase privacy in your garden Available in various different sizes to suit your needs. Commonly UV protected to prevent fading
The Benefits Of Garden Privacy Screens & Windscreens
- Faux hedges provide privacy whilst also requiring minimal maintenance, ideal for homeowners who may struggle with garden maintenance
- A faux hedge provides privacy whilst blending into your outdoor space
- Screens enable you to split or separate your garden into different spaces or areas
- A bamboo or reed screen can be attached to a fence as a more visually appealing alternative
- Netting or wooden screens can be attached to balconies to provide safety for small children or animals