Enjoy the Wind in Your Face Riding on Sailing Boats
Sailboats are evocative of romantic weekends spent sailing in the bay or of visions spending your retirement years sailing the world. Either way, owning a sailboat is a dream many have. Buying a sailboat is a significant investment, and fortunately, you can find inexpensive used sailing boats for sale on eBay to fit your budget.Different types of sailboats
When you are searching for sailing boats for sale in the UK to fit your lifestyle, you should know what kinds there are. These are the main types of sailing boats for sale UK area-wide:
- Beach catamaran - Catamarans have two parallel hulls that are equally sized. They are stabilised from possessing a wide beam, rather than from a keel with ballast like a mono-hull sailing boat.
- Cruising sailboat - These types of swift sailing boats average around 16 to 50 feet in length and have cabins for extended trips. The larger boats often have standing headroom below.
- Daysailer - A daysailer is a small sailboat that averages around 14 to 20 feet in length and has a small cuddy cabin for storage. They can seat up to four people and are meant for day use.
- Motorsailer - A motorsailer is powered with sails and an engine. These sailing boats are typically large and luxurious, averaging around 35 feet or more. Motorsailers for sale on eBay are meant for longer cruises.
- Racer-cruiser - Racer-cruisers are cruising boats that are modified for competitive racing. They are usually around 25 feet in length.
- Racing sailboats - These sailing boats are dedicated racing boats that are built for speed and have minimal accommodations. They can be between 20 to 70 feet in length.
- Sailing Dinghies - These are small sailing boats that are under 15 feet and are generally meant for one or two passengers. Many people use these in competitive racing.
A sailing yacht is the same as a sailing boat, but it usually is used as a term in reference to a large sailing boat or yacht. These yachts for sale in the UK generally range in size from 20 feet to upwards of 70 feet. Yachting refers to the sport of sailing.Is there a common type of small sailing boat?
The most common type of small sailing boat is a sloop, which is often used in racing. A sloop has a rig of one mast and two sails. The mainsail is a tall sail that is triangular in shape, which is attached along its leading edge to the mast and has its foot alongside the boom. The sail in front is the jib or the headsail, and it is mounted on the forestay between the masthead and the bow.