Shop by Compatible Brand
Got one to sell?
Get it in front of 17+ million UK buyers.
You may also like
Make an offer
- Pentax K fit Vivitar 3x Teleconverter Lens, MC 3x-22, fits SLR Camera mount PK£24.99+ £3.99 postageMake offer
- Vivitar MC Tele Converter 2X-5 with Case made in Japan£5.99+ £3.99 postageMake offer
- Vivitar MC Tele Converter Lens & Case. Good Condition.£29.99+ £5.00 postageMake offer
- Vivitar / motorola tele converter 2x5 in Black leather case made in japan£19.99+ £3.99 postageMake offer
- Vivitar Macro 2x MC Focusing Teleconverter Tele Converter, Canon C/FD Mount£20.00+ £5.58 postageMake offer
- Vivitar MC Tele Converter 2x-22- boxed near mint condition with case£9.60+ £3.90 postageMake offer
- Vivitar Tele Converter Teleconverter 3X-5 für Minolta MC(280)£12.80+ £4.20 postageMake offer
Vivitar Teleconverter Camera Lens
Vivitar are one of the world's leading manufacturer of photographic and optical equipment. Their product range includes action cams, dash cams and camera accessories as well as a range of Vivitar teleconverter camera lenses.
Features and benefits of teleconverter camera lens
A teleconverter lens is also sometimes known as a tele extender lens and is designed to be fitted between the camera body and the camera lens itself. It's primary purpose is to magnify the centre of an image relative to the size of the camera's lens size. When these camera lenses are adjoined to each other they form a single lens and allow you to effectively replicate a zoom lens, enabling you to get a closer shot of the subject.
Teleconverter lenses make a great substitute for a brand new lens as they are often a cheaper alternative to buying a new lens. This makes this option much more economical instead of purchasing a zoom lens or telephoto camera lens .
The increase in focal length is perhaps the greatest benefit of the teleconverter lens. They produce great close up shots by magnifying the range of your existing lens' focal length by 1.4 to 2 times the original length. This enables you to extend the range of the focal length of any given lens you are using, giving you greater flexibility over the depth of the shot you are looking to take. Additionally, a lens extender like the teleconverter lens also allows you to maintain your camera lens' minimum focus length.
Teleconverter lenses are easy to transport, making them a great option for travelling as they minimise the bulk and weight of your camera gear when compared to carrying a large zoom lens.
Many teleconverter lenses feature high speed autofocus and crystal optics as well and enable you to use your camera in night vision mode, too. Like many other kinds of lenses, teleconverter lenses can be found with multi coating which reduces light reflection in the lens.