Have Fun on the Water With Water Skis
If you love being out on the water and like to get your adrenaline pumping, consider strapping on some water skis the next time you head out for an adventure. eBay has many types of new and used water skis for sale.What types of water skis are available?
There is a range of water skis for sale on eBay, so you're likely to find something suitable no matter what your level of experience. Most water skis fall into these categories:
- Combo pair: The combo pair, also known as double skis, are wide. They're ideal for you if you're a beginner because of their relatively greater surface area. If you're new to the sport, you'll likely have an easier time starting out on two skis rather than one. Combo skis typically have two bindings on one ski and a single binding on the other; this lets you progress from using two skis to just one ski. These skis have a narrow tunnel on the bottom for stability, along with flat spots on their bottom edges to be more forgiving.
- Slalom: Within this category, there are a few different groups. Beginner slalom skis are wide with relatively larger flat spots on their rails. This allows you to float higher on the water. If you're more skilled, you can consider a narrower and more aggressive ski. With less surface area, an intermediate or advanced slalom water ski lets you take turns and make quick moves at high speeds. Performance skis usually have what's called an edge-to-edge concave shape that does well when you take hard turns.
Many older water skis, including some of the used eBay water skis, were made out of hardwood or varnished ash. As technology has improved, the manufacturing process of water skis has changed. Now, you mostly see skis with a high-density foam core and an exterior material that may be:
After the foam is wrapped in one or a combination of these materials, an epoxy resin is often used. Sometimes, additional layers are used to provide stiffness in certain areas. This is commonly seen in advanced skis that are more rigid. You will usually find fiberglass in cheaper used water skis.What factors affect the size of water ski you should get?
You have to take into account the skier weight and the anticipated boat speed when you're looking for new or used water skis for sale. If you anticipate traveling faster, you'll want a slightly shorter ski. Below are average recommended lengths for the following weight categories. See the manufacturer site for details.
- 115 - 140 pounds 63 to 66 inches
- 135 - 160 pounds: 65 to 66 inches
- 150 - 180 pounds: 66 to 67 inches
- 170 - 200 pounds: 67 to 68 inches