Learn More About Sony PlayStation 4 Replacement Motherboard Controllers
The controller is one of the most important parts of your Sony PlayStation 4. When the motherboard goes bad, it’s not always necessary to replace the entire controller. Instead, you can simply replace the PS4 controller motherboard for a more affordable solution, and you can find new and used Sony PlayStation 4 replacement motherboard controllers for sale on eBay.Are all affordable PS4 controller circuit boards one-size-fits-all?
The circuit board design varies based on the design and model of the controller. That means that a DualShock 4 motherboard might not be able to replace the board in the C4 TR controller or the SCUF Vantage 2 controller. To make sure the motherboard is the right fit, look up the correct part number in your controller’s manual; make sure that number matches the eBay listing.Parts of the PS4 controller motherboard replacement
Depending on your needs, you can buy a motherboard assembly or the individual components. Some of the available parts are:
- USB board: This is the small circuit board that operates the USB charging port on your PS4 controller. It often comes with a 12-pin ribbon cable. Depending on the model, you might also see this called a logic board or a mini USB socket charge port.
- Audio integrated circuit: This is the tiny circuit that connects to the PS4 controller motherboard; it controls the link to your PS4’s sound.
- Joystick control pad: This is the joystick controller for the PS4 controller. It connects to the motherboard using a ribbon cable.
- Power management circuit: This small circuit board fastens to the motherboard and manages the flow of power to the various components of the controller.
Whether you’re looking at a new or used PS4 controller motherboard, keep the following factors in mind:
- Frame: Some listings include the frame that supports the motherboard. This is a good option if your original frame is broken. A DualShock 4 controller motherboard and midframe assembly JDM-040 might make for easier installation.
- Shape: It’s important to make sure that your replacement controller has the correct part number. As an extra verification, compare your existing motherboard to the eBay photos. Ensure that the shape is the same and that the electrical connections look similar.
- Syncing capabilities: Some PS4 controllers can sync with other controllers. If you need this functionality, make sure to choose a motherboard controller PS4 that supports syncing.