Everything You Need to Know Before Purchasing an iMac Core i5
A quality computer is an essential tool for any home or office. iMacs are computers used around the globe by artists, designers, and professionals to help them get their jobs done. You can find these desktop computers on eBay.What are the benefits of a desktop computer?
Desktop computers are designed to stay in one place. Whether they are new iMac Core i5 computers or pre-owned desktop computers, eBay has a model meant to remain in one location. This positioning provides some benefits to the user, including:
- Screen size: Because they aren't portable, these computers can have a bigger screen. This helps people using it for visual arts to get a more exact representation of their graphics.
- Hard drive size: Desktops also have larger hard drives, providing more on-board storage space for media, image, and document files.
- Upgrades: Desktop computers have more space, so they are easier to open up and modify, helping prevent obsolescence.
- RAM: Desktop motherboards often have multiple slots for RAM, allowing for upgrades.
- Overheating: Because of the roomy chassis and multiple fans, desktop computers are less likely to overheat with constant use.
You have a few options when it comes to choosing an iMac Core i5 computer on eBay. The most common difference between computers is the hard drive size. The hard drive is the part of the computer where software, files, and media are stored. The bigger the hard drive is, the less often it will need to be replaced or upgraded down the road. Computers with extra space in the hard drive also run smoother than devices with a full hard drive. Make sure to check whether the drive is a hard disk drive or a solid-state drive. Some options for hard drive sizes you will find on eBay include:
- 500GB SSD
- 500GB HHD
RAM, or Random Access Memory, comes in two different sizes on iMac Core i5 computers sold on eBay, either 4GB or 8GB. RAM is responsible for how fast a computer runs software. If you are running more advanced design software on an iMac, you should consider a computer with higher RAM. In many cases, RAM can be upgraded later by placing RAM sticks in empty slots or by replacing current RAM sticks with new sticks with more RAM.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Apple.