Firstly, I must apologise to all those who have purchased these instructions from me over the past few months.
From May this year, Ebay revised their Downloadable Media Policy & decided to ban all digitally delivered items. This meant that the instructions that I have been successfully emailing to people were now banned from being delivered by email. I could have elected to print each set out & post them to buyers, but to be perfectly honest this would be both time consuming & an unnecessary use of resources (printer ink, paper, envelopes etc.) so I decided to simply stop listing in order to be a good boy & comply with the policies.
Unfortunately, not all members are as good at sticking to the rules as myself & several are still listing on a nudge, nudge, wink, wink, "I won’t actually state that I email the instructions even though I do" basis. This guide is dedicated to these members.
It would seem that the only way to make sure everybody sticks to the rules is to make sure that the information is made available to all, so rather than paying for the instructions to be emailed, here they are for free:
1. First open a window (just in case) use existing key (if you have one) place in ignition and turn to on, do not start car.
2. Use the new key to lock the car, the key not the remote. Now press one of the buttons once on the new key transponder, the lights should flash, wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button, the doors should unlock and the key should be programmed.
3. If you are programming a second key repeat the above but press the remote button twice, three times for a third key.
1. Switch on ignition; system will then remain in programming mode for 30 seconds.
2. Briefly press any button on the remote control unit while the unit is in the ignition.
3. The central locking system locks & unlocks to show that the remote control has been programmed.