We regularly update our app with new features and improvements, so keep an eye on the Google Play Store or iOS App Store to make sure you’re using the most up-to-date version.
Downloading the eBay app
To download the eBay mobile app on iOS devices:
- Go to the App Store on your Apple device.
- Search for ‘‘eBay’’.
- Tap Get and then Install.
To download the eBay mobile app on Android devices:
- Go to the Android Market or Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for ‘‘eBay’’.
- Tap Install.
To make sure you stay up-to-date on your eBay activity, you can receive notifications about items you’re watching, saved searches, and more. Find out how to turn on eBay app notifications.
Buying and browsing on the eBay app
- You can shop for items on the eBay app the same as you would on the site. Simply enter your keywords into the search bar on the app home screen and tap the Search button. You can tap the Sort or Filter options to narrow down your search results
- When filtering your results, select Customise for the following options:
- Hide Sort & Filter - This will hide the blue filter button shown on search results page
- Expand all filters - All available filters will always be shown
- Lockable filters - Enable the option to choose which filter(s) you'd like to lock for future searches
- To add an item to your Watchlist while you make up your mind, tap Watch on the listing. To view all items on your Watchlist, tap the My eBay menu and then tap Watching
- Tap Add to cart on items you’d like to buy. When you’re ready to pay, tap the shopping cart icon and proceed to checkout
- You’ll find all items you’ve purchased in Purchases
Enabling Dark mode on the eBay app
Here's how to enable Dark mode on the eBay app:
If you switch on Dark mode on your device, the eBay app will automatically switch to Dark mode. Alternatively you can find Dark mode settings in the eBay app itself. Here's how:
- Tap My eBay at the bottom left of the screen.
- Tap Settings and then Appearance.
- Select either Always light mode, Always dark mode or Use device setting.
- Tap the Menu icon and then Settings.
- Tap Theme and choose from Light, Dark or Battery Saver.
Troubleshooting on the eBay app
You shouldn’t have any problems using the eBay app, but here are some solutions to issues people occasionally run into:
- Can’t launch the app? Check for updates in the app store and download the latest version. If you already have the latest version, try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling – you won’t lose any information
- Photos won’t upload? Try rebooting your mobile device. If that doesn’t solve the issue, uninstall and then reinstall the app
- Can’t log in with your eBay user ID or password? Double check your information is being entered correctly – autofill and autocorrect can sometimes enter things you weren’t intending