To make sure buyers don't confuse a test listing with an actual listing, sellers need to follow our policy.
What is the policy?
- Test listings must be listed in the Everything Else > Test Auctions category
- The word “Test” must appear in both the listing title and description
- Only 10 test listings are allowed at a time
- For test Feedback:
- Create an account for testing purposes only (the account should not be used for buying or selling)
- Feedback can only be used for testing purposes
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps keep test listings in a single location to avoid any confusion for buyers.