"Spam" is an email (or part of an email) that is both unsolicited (the person who received it didn’t request it) and commercial in nature (discussing buying, selling or trading of goods or services).
What is the policy?
- Send other members emails that are not directly related to a purchase or sale on eBay
- Contact other members to make offers to buy or sell items outside of eBay, or use information obtained on eBay to solicit sales outside of eBay
- Send messages that include email addresses, phone numbers, social media links, contact information, usernames, external web links or addresses, or other personal or business information
- Send emails to other members that are unsolicited and commercial in nature
- Add other members to mailing lists without their permission, or send invitations to other members to join mailing lists that are not related to an eBay Shop
- Send messages impersonating eBay
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy protects eBay members from the risk of fraudulent transactions off eBay. It also makes sure that users see important messages regarding transactions, without receiving unwanted spam.