While certain types of inactive and collectible cards may be listed and sold on eBay, in order to protect sensitive cardholder information and comply with government regulations, active credit, debit and store cards are not allowed.
What is the policy?
The following types of cards and money orders are not allowed:
- Active credit, debit, or store credit cards, including prepaid credit cards
- Non-embossed bank or store credit cards
- Current and active money orders
The following types of cards are allowed:
- Inactive credit and debit cards that expired at least 10 years ago and can't be reactivated
- Blank plastic cards with or without magnetic strips
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps sellers and buyers follow government regulations while also protecting sensitive cardholder information.