Concert, festival, sports, theatre and comedy tickets must be listed on StubHub, eBay's dedicated ticket marketplace. For other types of tickets, such as cinema, experiences, or theme parks, the following guidelines apply.
What is the policy?
- Permitted tickets such as cinema, experiences, or theme parks may be sold
- The face value of a resold ticket must be included in the listing description
- Concert, festival, sports, theatre and comedy tickets must be listed on StubHub
- eBay may prohibit tickets to major charity events and events where all tickets are free to the public
- For their event to be covered under this policy, event organisers must apply to eBay at least 1 month in advance of the tickets being made available for sale to the public. An application form can be obtained by contacting us
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
If you bought a ticket to a cancelled or postponed event:
- If the event was cancelled: Contact your seller for more information about what to do next
- If the event was postponed: Wait for rescheduling information. Make sure you keep your tickets. Your original tickets will still be good for the new date
If you want a refund, open a case - opens in new window or tab in the Resolution Centre.
If you sold a ticket to a cancelled or postponed event:
- If the event was cancelled: In some cases, you can get a refund from the ticket outlet automatically. In other cases, you may have to return the tickets. Please refund your buyers and ask that they return the tickets to you
- If the event was postponed: If a buyer opens a request for a ticket refund, we encourage you to work with the buyer to resolve the issue. If the event is rescheduled, you may be able to get a refund from the ticket outlet, or you can relist the tickets
For more details on getting a refund, contact the ticket outlet where you originally purchased your ticket.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
eBay encourages all ticket sellers to follow the guidelines and laws for ticket sales.