Our live animals policy reflects our commitment to animal welfare and the protection of native, endangered, and threatened species.
What is the policy?
Sellers can only list the following live animals:
- Live bait (minnows, shiners, earthworms, and mealworms)
- Composting worms
- Live insects, crickets used as bait or feeder food for pets
- Shellfish, such as crabs and lobsters, that are live when sold but intended for human consumption
- Aquarium or pond fish (up to 5cm long), snails, tadpoles or similar creatures. Aquarium or pond fish longer than 5cm may be listed with the "Collection in person" option
- Hatching eggs for some animals are permitted provided the seller offers domestic-only next-day delivery within the UK and Ireland
Pets and other live animals not included in the list above are not allowed.
Sellers need to ensure that they have the necessary government permits and also guarantee safe, overnight delivery.
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps ensure that important government regulations are followed.