Take a look at the different ways to promote your listings below to see which one is best for you and your business.Promoted Listings Standard
With Promoted Listings Standard you're only charged when a buyer clicks on one of your Promoted Listings ads and purchases one of your promoted items. You'll be guided through the set up, and will see our listing and ad rate suggestions.
Listings in Standard campaigns can appear in sponsored placements across the eBay network.Promoted Listings Express
Promoted Listings Express makes it easy for you to boost the visibility of your auction items from the eBay app.
You'll pay an upfront flat fee which is based on the length of your auction and item category.
Promoted Listings Advanced provides priority access to placements across eBay to help you grow your business and get more sales.
With Promoted Listings Advanced you're only charged when a buyer clicks on one of your ads and you'll have access to advanced targeting and budget controls.
Promoted Listings FAQs
Both Promoted Listings campaign types help your items stand out among billions of listings across the eBay network and be seen by millions of active buyers when they're browsing and searching for what you're selling, increasing the likelihood of a sale.
- Promoted Listings Standard campaigns let you promote your listings across the eBay network, including search and listing pages, and you only pay when you sell. Standard campaigns are quick and simple to set up. Since you only pay when you sell, Standard campaigns are a low-risk way to boost visibility
- Promoted Listings Advanced campaigns give you priority access to placements across eBay. You pay per click on your ad. Advanced campaigns get your listings in front of interested buyers and drive sales with advanced campaign controls
Yes. You can promote the same listings through Standard and Advanced campaigns.
We use a last click attribution model, meaning that the sale will be attributed to the click closest to the sale. Last click attribution is the industry standard and will ensure that a sale is only attributed once across Promoted Listings campaign types.
- If a buyer clicks on a Standard ad and then purchases any of your promoted items within 30 days, it will be considered a promoted sale and the ad fee for the purchased item will be charged
- You will always be charged for valid clicks on Advanced ads, but you will only be charged for Standard ads if a buyer clicks on a Standard ad and then purchases any of your promoted items within 30 days of clicking
- For Advanced ads, a sale will be attributed to and reported as a sale if the buyer clicks on one of your Advanced ads and then purchases that item, also known as a Direct sale
- In the event of multiple Advanced ad clicks, the sale will be attributed to the ad that was clicked closest to the sale
- Unlike Standard ads, Advanced ads will continue to report Direct sales only
- With our most recent update to Promoted Listing Standard, it is possible to see a sale attributed and reported as both a Standard and Advanced sale if you have the same items participating in both types of campaigns
- Advanced ads will incur a charge each time they are clicked, regardless of whether that item sells. No changes have been made to how Advanced fees work
You can see which listings sold through each campaign by looking at the reports in your Advanced and Standard campaigns.
Promoted Listings Advanced is a cost-per-click advertising tool, and you will always be charged for valid clicks on your Advanced ads, but you will only be charged for Standard ads if a buyer clicks on a Standard ad and then purchases any of your Promoted Listings Standard items within 30 days of a click on one of your Standard ads.
For Promoted Listings Standard, if a buyer clicks on a Standard ad and then purchases any of your Promoted Listings Standard items within 30 days, it will be considered a promoted sale and an ad fee will be charged.
- If the item purchased is the same as the item featured in the Standard ad the buyer clicked on, we will charge the ad fee in effect at the time of the click. This type of sale is known as a Direct sale
- If the item purchased is different from the item featured in the Standard ad the buyer clicked on, we will charge the ad fee for the purchased item in effect at the time of the sale. This type of sale is known as a Halo Item sale. The ad fee for a Halo item sale will be calculated based on the ad rate in effect for the purchased item at the time of the sale.
If you have listings promoted via both Promoted Listings Standard and Advanced, you will be charged for Attributed Sales from Standard clicks even if your ad received a subsequent Advanced click. Reporting will be updated accordingly to include sales for both campaign types.