Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical guide is designed for students undertaking professional doctorates in business and management including DBAs, and addresses a number of key issues faced by supervisors and students, in particular, how they differ from a PhD and the different skills and approach required to succeed.
- Author BiographyRichard Thorpe is Professor of Management Development and Pro Dean for Research at Leeds University Business School. His research interests have included: performance, entrepreneurship, knowledge and leadership as well as research methods in management research. His early career as a management trainee on a Clarks programme informed the way his ethos has developed. Following a period in industry his first academic appointment was as a researcher at Strathclyde University in the Pay and Reward Research Centre. There, as a consequence of the research conducted he developed close links with practitioners, intermediaries and policy makers, something he has strived to maintain as his career progressed. Common themes in his work are: a strong commitment to conducting research in collaboration with practitioners; a focus on action and change; an interest in and commitment to the development of doctoral students and the development of capacity within the sector. Richard has been past president and chair of the British Academy of Management and member of the ESRC Training and Development Board. He is currently chair of the Society for the Advancement of Management Studies.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Edited byJeff Gold,Jim Stewart,Lisa Anderson,Richard Thorpe
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.83Trending at £13.30
- £12.75Trending at £20.22
- £40.35Trending at £41.15
- £30.00Trending at £43.03
- £18.73Trending at £19.65
- £16.40Trending at £19.40
- £30.19Trending at £33.23
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.