All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow language evolved has been called 'the hardest problem in science'. Taking cues from topics as diverse as the foraging strategies of ants, the distribution of large prehistoric herbivores, and the construction of ecological niches, the author produces a fresh alternative to the conventional wisdom.
- Author BiographyDerek Bickerton is professor emeritus of linguistics at the University of Hawaii. His most recent book, Bastard Tongues, was published by Hill and Wang in 2008.
- Author(s)Derek Bickerton
- PublisherHill & Wang Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2010
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHill & Wang Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date19/01/2017
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.46
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £21.79Trending at £22.07
- £28.00Trending at £30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.