All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.16
- £9.24Trending at £11.01
- £26.45Trending at £27.94
- £14.51Trending at £17.08
- £18.89Trending at £20.40
- £29.50Trending at £30.61
- £24.56Trending at £26.13
About this product
- Author(s)Le Nguyen Binh
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- GenreEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleOptics and Photonics
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note781 black & white illustrations, 47 black & white tables
- Weight1882 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface Acknowledgments Author Acronyms Introduction Digital Optical Communications and Transmission Systems: Challenging Issues Enabling Technologies Modulation Formats and Optical Signal Generation Advanced Modulation Formats Incoherent Optical Receivers DSP-Coherent Optical Receivers Transmission of Ultra-Short Pulse Sequence Electronic Equalization Ultra-Short Pulse Transmission Organization of the Book Chapters References Optical Fibers Overview Optical Fiber: General Properties Geometrical Structures and Index Profile Fundamental Mode of Weakly Guiding Fibers Equivalent Step-Index Description Nonlinear Effects Nonlinear Self-Phase Modulation Effects Self-Phase Modulation Cross-Phase Modulation Stimulated Scattering Effects Signal Attenuation in Optical Fibers Intrinsic or Material Absorption Losses Waveguide Losses Attenuation Coefficient Signal Distortion through Optical Fibers Material Dispersion Waveguide Dispersion Polarization-Mode Dispersion Transfer Function of Single-Mode Fibers Linear Transfer Function Nonlinear Fiber Transfer Function Transmission Bit Rate and the Dispersion Factor Fiber Nonlinearity Revisited SPM and XPM Effects SPM and Modulation Instability Effects of Mode Hopping SPM and Intrachannel Nonlinear Effects Nonlinear Phase Noises in Cascaded Multispan Optical Link Special Dispersion Optical Fibers SMF Transfer Function: Simplified Linear and Nonlinear Operating Region Numerical Solution: Split-Step Fourier Method Symmetrical Split-Step Fourier Method Concluding Remarks References Optical Transmitters Optical Modulators Phase Modulators Intensity Modulators Structures of Photonic Modulators Operating Parameters of Optical Modulators Return-to-Zero Optical Pulses Generation Phasor Representation Differential Phase Shift Keying Background Optical DPSK Transmitter Generation of Modulation Formats Amplitude-Modulation ASK-NRZ and ASK-RZ Discrete Phase-Modulation NRZ Formats Continuous Phase-Modulation PM-NRZ Formats Single-Sideband (SSB) Optical Modulators Multicarrier Multiplexing Optical Modulators Spectra of Modulation Formats Spectral Characteristics of Digital Modulation Formats I-Q Integrated Modulators In-Phase and Quadrature-Phase Optical Modulators I-Q Modulator and Electronic Digital Multiplexing for Ultra-High Bit Rates Digital-to-Analog Converter for DSP-Based Modulation and Transmitter Fujitsu DAC Structure Generation of I and Q Components Concluding Remarks Problems on Tx for Advanced Modulation Formats for Long-Haul Transmission Systems References Optical Receivers and Transmission Performance: Fundamentals Introduction Digital Optical Receivers Photonic and Electronic Noise Performance Evaluation of Binary Amplitude Modulation Format Received Signals Probability Distribution Functions Receiver Sensitivity OSNR and Noise Impact Quantum Limit of Optical Receivers under Different Modulation Formats Direct Detection Coherent Detection Coherent Detection with Matched Filter Binary Coherent Optical Receiver Noncoherent Detection for Optical DPSK and MSK Photonic Balanced Receiver Optical Frequency Discrimination Receiver Transmission Impairments Chromatic Dispersion Chromatic Linear Dispersion Polarization-Mode Dispersion Fiber Nonlinearity MATLAB(R) and Simulink(R) Simulator for Optical Communications Systems Fiber Propagation Model Nonlinear Effects via Fiber Propagation Model Performance Evaluation BER from Monte Carlo Method BER and Q Factor from Probability Distribution Functions Histogram Approximation Optical SNR Eye Opening Penalty Statistical Evaluation Techniques Generalized Pareto Distribution Novel BER Statistical Techniques Effects of Sourc
- Author BiographyLe Nguyen Binh is technical director of Huawei Technologies' European Research Center, Munich, Germany. He holds a BE (Hons) and Ph.D from the University of Western Australia, Crawley. He has authored and co-authored more than 300 journal papers and eight books, in addition to several refereeing conferences. Previously, he was professorial fellow at Nanyang Technological University of Singapore; the Christian Albrechts University of Kiel, Germany; and several Australian universities. He also served as Chair of Commission D (Electronics and Photonics) of the National Committee for Radio Sciences of the Australian Academy of Sciences (1995-2005).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.