Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.79Trending at £10.15
- £9.99Trending at £10.15
- £16.56Trending at £24.93
- £25.98Trending at £26.98
- £23.72Trending at £24.11
- £21.48Trending at £23.39
- £20.99Trending at £24.92
About this product
- DescriptionWhat can anthropology and political science learn from each other? The authors argue that collaboration, particularly in the area of concepts and methodologies, is tremendously beneficial for both disciplines, though they also deal with some troubling aspects of the relationship.
- Author BiographyMyron J. Aronoff is Professor Emeritus of Political Science, Anthropology, and Jewish Studies at Rutgers University and Visiting Professor Emeritus of Political Science at the University of Michigan. He is the author of Frontiertown: The Politics of Community Building in Israel (1974), Power and Ritual in the Israel Labor Party: A Study in Political Anthropology (1977, 2nd expanded edition 1993), Israeli Visions and Divisions (1989, 1991) and The Spy Novels of John le Carre: Balancing Ethics and Politics (1999, 2001). He was the founding president of the Association for Israel Studies and a past president of the Association for Political and Legal Anthropology. Jan Kubik is Professor of Political Science at Rutgers University and also serves as a Recurring Visiting Professor of Sociology, Centre for Social Studies in Warsaw. His publications include The Power of Symbols against the Symbols of Power. The Rise of Solidarity and the Fall of State Socialism in Poland (1994) and Rebellious Civil Society: Popular Protest and Democratic Consolidation in Poland, 1989-1993 (1999, with Grzegorz Ekiert).
- Author(s)Jan Kubik,Myron J. Aronoff
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/11/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAnthropology and....
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.