CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.57
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £41.08
- £30.00Trending at £42.97
- £20.65Trending at £21.59
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.11Trending at £32.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book describes the existence and the scope of archived historical aerial and satellite photographs, and their value to archaeological and landscape research. Offers examples of their use, and advice on how to access and utilise this massive resource.
- Author BiographyBill Hanson is the author or co-author of 4 books/monographs and editor or co-editor of 4 more, with over 100 published papers to his name in the fields of Roman and aerial archaeology. He has been active in aerial photographic research for over 25 years, having directed aerial survey programmes in both Scotland and Romania. He teaches archaeological remote sensing to undergraduates and for over 10 years has been responsible for a postgraduate taught Masters programme on aerial archaeology, currently the only one of its kind in Europe. Ioana Oltean is a Lecturer in Archaeology at the University of Exeter where, amongst other things, she teaches an undergraduate module on aerial archaeology. Her research in Roman Dacia and Moesia has focused on the utilisation of aerial and satellite data, including archival material, for the elucidation of landscape evolution. She has published one book and several papers on this theme, and undertaken her own aerial survey programme in Romania.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/08/2012
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight563 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byIoana A. Oltean,William S. Hanson
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.