CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.55
- £13.11Trending at £19.97
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.90
- £18.34Trending at £23.89
- £7.00Trending at £8.49
- £14.89Trending at £17.18
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note88 black & white halftones, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edited byMarc J. Neveu,Negin Djavaherian
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgements. Introduction Marc Neveu and Negin Djavaherian Part 1: Invoking the Gods 1. The Reading Chamber Robert Kirkbride 2. The Tower of Babel and Jacob's Pillar: Hegel, Heidegger, and the Death of Architecture Karsten Harries 4. Reading What is Written Between the Lines: The Esoteric Dimension of Ebenezer Howard's Garden Cities of To-Morrow Paul Emmons 4.On Virtue and Thomas Jefferson Indra Kagis McEwen Interlude A: The Architect's Fall Santiago de Orduna Part 2: Worldmaking 5. Made in Usage: Architecture in Furetiere's Dictionnaire Universel Caroline Dionne 6. Beyond Expression Lily Chi 7. On Water and Other Fluids: A Bloody Account of Urban Circulation Louise Pelletier 8. Earth or World? Aerial Image and the Prosthetic Imagination Lawrence Bird Interlude B: The Door of Theory Marco Frascari Part 3: Flesh/Eros 9. Tough Love: A Study of the Architecture of Pezo von Ellrichshausen David Leatherbarrow 10. Flesh of Stone: Buildings, Statues, Entangled Bodies Tracey Eve Winton 11. Genius as Eros Lian Chikako Chang 12. The Tactile Legacy of Alvar Aalto and its Relevance to Contemporary Practice Kenneth Frampton Interlude C: Sigmund Freud or the Dark Forest Room Revisited Natalija Subotincic Part 4: Fusion of Horizons 13. Voices of Tranquility: Silence in Art and Architecture Juhani Pallasmaa 14. An Architectural Creation Myth Borrowed from the Phenomenology of Music Stephen Parcell 15. Modus Operandi of an Architectus Doli: Architectural Cunning in the Comic Plays of Plautus Lisa Landrum 16. Towards an Ecology of the Palladian Villa Graham Livesey Interlude D: Transformative Power of Architecture Steven Holl Part 5: After the Crisis 17. Juan O'Gorman and the Genesis and Overcoming of Functionalism in Mexican Modern Architecture Juan Manuel Heredia 18. Architecture or Acceleration: Position as Opposition Anne Bordeleau 19. Building Upon Love in an Age of Innovation Peter Olshavsky 20. Content and Craft: What do we do when we do the History of Architecture? David Theodore Interlude E: Two Poems 2000-2011 Ricardo L. Castro List of Figures. List of Contributors.
- Author BiographyMarc J. Neveu is Chair of the Department of Architecture at Woodbury University, Los Angeles, USA, and the Executive Editor of the Journal of Architectural Education. Negin Djavaherian is an independent scholar currently residing in Montreal, Canada.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.