Bearing the Brunt: Impact of Rural Distress on Women by Swarna S. Vepa (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.48Trending at £7.75
- £7.17Trending at £9.00
- £9.51Trending at £9.96
- £10.43Trending at £11.83
- £24.99Trending at £33.59
- £9.06Trending at £10.49
- £12.98Trending at £14.21
About this product
- DescriptionRefutes the rising general perception that the gender gap in India is decreasing. This work discusses the gendered impact of rural economic distress with respect to employment, agricultural production, natural resource management and food security.
- Author BiographySwarna S Vepa is currently Visiting Professor, Madras School of Economics. Earlier, she has been the Programme Director and Ford Foundation Chair of Women and Sustainable Food Security at the M.S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF) in Chennai. She is a former researcher and faculty member at Delhi University, the Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi University Enclave, and researcher at Bombay University. Dr Vepa also held the position of Senior Executive at the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry in New Delhi. Her fields of specialization include gender issues in agriculture, agricultural stability and sustainability, and reforms related to poverty, inequality, and employment. Dr Vepa is involved with policy reports, publications, and advocacy in India and Asia. She has contributed to a number of publications such as Gender, Food, Security and Rural Livelihoods, edited by Maithreyi Krishnaraj (2007) Stree, Kolkata and Halving Hunger: It Can be Done (UN Millennium Project) edited by Pedro Sanchez, M.S. Swaminathan, Philip Dobie, Nalan Yuksel (2005). She was responsible for bringing out the three Food Security Atlases published by MSSRF and WFP in 2001, 2002, and 2004.
- Author(s)Swarna S. Vepa
- PublisherSAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSAGE India
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight408 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.