All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.99Trending at £6.98
- £8.63Trending at £9.35
- £3.79Trending at £4.69
- £5.16Trending at £5.27
- £6.33Trending at £7.76
- £4.42Trending at £6.35
- £3.33Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionWhile undergoing routine surgery to remove a benign tumour, Ruby Elzy died. She was only thirty-five. Had she lived, she would have been one of the first black artists to appear in grand opera. During her brief career, Ruby Elzy was in the top tier of American sopranos. This biography recognizes her contribution to American music, and tells her tragic yet inspiring story.
- Author BiographyDavid E. Weaver has sung professionally in more than two dozen roles in operas and musicals. His career in the arts and in broadcasting has spanned more than twenty-five years. He lives in Columbus, Ohio.
- Author(s)David E. Weaver
- PublisherUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleWillie Morris Books in Memoir and Biography
- Place of PublicationJackson
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of Mississippi
- Content Note119 black & white photographs
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.