All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionShows what happened in eastern Europe between 1933 and 1945, when Nazi and Soviet policy brought death to some 14 million people.
- Author Biography'When Timothy Snyder's book Bloodlands: Europe Between Hitler and Stalin was published in 2010, it quickly established its author as one of the leading historians of his generation, a scholar who combined formidable linguistic skills - he reads or speaks 11 languages - with an elegant literary style, white-hot moral passion and a willingness to start arguments about some of the most fraught questions of the recent past.' New York Times Timothy Snyder is Levin Professor of History at Yale University, and has written and edited a number of critically acclaimed and prize-winning books about twentieth-century European history: Bloodlands won the Hannah Arendt Prize, the Leipzig Book Prize for European Understanding, the Ralph Waldo Emerson Award in the Humanities and the literature award of the American Academy of Arts and Letters. Black Earth was longlisted for the Samuel Johnson Prize. Snyder is a frequent contributor to the New York Review of Books and the Times Literary Supplement. He is a member of the Committee on Conscience of the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, a permanent fellow of the Institute for Human Sciences, and sits on the advisory council of the Yivo Institute for Jewish Research.
- PrizesLong-listed for Samuel Johnson Prize for Non-Fiction 2015.
- Author(s)Timothy Snyder
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight330 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.49
- £8.47Trending at £14.98
- £15.01Trending at £16.87
- £13.77Trending at £19.98
- £31.44Trending at £52.14
- £11.27Trending at £18.04
- £12.58Trending at £19.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.