Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.64
- £13.11Trending at £19.98
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.13
- £18.33Trending at £23.99
- £7.25Trending at £8.50
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
About this product
- DescriptionSpanning some 7000 years, Chinese Sculpture explores a beautiful and diverse world of objects, many of which have only come to light in the later half of the 20th century. The authors analyse and present, mostly in colour, some 500 examples of Chinese sculpture.
- Author BiographyAngela Falco Howard is professor of Asian art at Rutgers University and former special consultant in Chinese Buddhist art at The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York. Li Song is the former editor of Fine Art Studies (Beijing) and was editor in chief of the volume on sculpture in the Encyclopedia of China. Wu Hung is Harrie A. Vanderstappen Distinguished Service Professor in Chinese Art History and director of the Center for the Art of Asia at the University of Chicago. Yang Hong is professor and research fellow at the Institute of Archaeology, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, and senior editor of Cultural Relics.
- Author(s)Angela Falco Howard,Li Song,Wu Hung,Yang Hong
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication14/02/2006
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe Culture & Civilization of China
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note51 b-w + 468 color illus.
- Weight2880 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine46 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.