Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.00Trending at £31.80
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £42.67Trending at £47.34
- £20.65Trending at £21.58
- £36.74Trending at £40.49
- £37.00Trending at £40.49
- £30.21Trending at £31.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a rich collection of critical essays, ethnographic writings, memoirs, and reflections, portraying a well-rounded picture of cinema culture and historical change in Pakistan.
- Author BiographyAli Khan is Associate Professor of Anthropology and Department Chair at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences at LUMS. His research interests vary from labour issues, particularly child and bonded labour to popular culture in Pakistan, focusing particularly on cinema and sports. He has previously worked in Washington and in Islamabad for the World Bank's South Asia Region and with the International Labour Organization primarily on projects related to child and bonded labour. Ali Khan's book Representing Children: Power, Policy and the Discourse on Child Labour in the Football Manufacturing Industry of Pakistan was published in 2007 by Oxford University Press. He is also the General Editor for a series of books on Sociology and Anthropology in Pakistan. Ali Nobil Ahmad is a Researcher at the Zentrum Moderner Orient, Berlin, and Assistant Professor, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), where he teaches and designs courses in Modern History, Historiography, and World History. He was formerly a full-time Research Officer on the Leverhulme Project on Migration and Citizenship, undertaken by the Department of Geography at the University College, London, where he worked full-time on a global study on human smuggling and trafficking. He is also on the editorial board of an art and cultural studies journal titled, Third Text, and regularly contributes to various academic journals.
- PublisherOUP Pakistan
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationPakistan
- ImprintOUP Pakistan
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1382 g
- Width218 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAli Khan,Ali Nobil Ahmed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.