Consider these sponsored items
- £25.19Free postage
- £47.79Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTalks about distributed host information database that's responsible for translating names into addresses, routing mail to its proper destination, and even listing phone numbers with the new ENUM standard. This book covers BIND 9.3.2 as well as BIND 8.4.7.
- Author BiographyPaul Albitz is a software engineer at Hewlett-Packard. Paul earned a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin, LaCrosse, and a Master of Science degree from Purdue University. Paul worked on BIND for the HP-UX 7.0 and 8.0 releases. During this time Paul developed the tools used to run the hp.com domain. More recently he has been involved in networking HP's DesignJet plotter. Before joining HP, Paul was a system administrator in the CS Department of Purdue University. As system administrator, Paul ran versions of BIND before BIND's initial release with 4.3 BSD. Paul and his wife Katherine live in San Diego, CA. Cricket Liu matriculated at the University of California's Berkeley campus, that great bastion of free speech, unencumbered Unix, and cheap pizza. He joined Hewlett-Packard after graduation and worked for HP for nine years. Cricket began managing the hp.com zone after the Loma Prieta earthquake forcibly transferred the zone's management from HP Labs to HP's Corporate Offices (by cracking a sprinkler main and flooding Labs' computer room). Cricket was email@example.com for over three years, and then joined HP's Professional Services Organization to cofound HP's Internet Consulting Program. Cricket left HP in 1997 to form Acme Byte & Wire, a DNS consulting and training company, with his friend (and now co-author) Matt Larson. Network Solutions acquired Acme in June 2000, and later the same day merged with VeriSign. Cricket worked for a year as Director of DNS Product Management for VeriSign Global Registry Services. Cricket joined Men & Mice, an Icelandic company specializing in DNS software and services, in September, 2001. He is currently their Vice President, Research & Development. Cricket, his wife, Paige, and their son, Walt, live in Colorado with two Siberian Huskies, Annie and Dakota. On warm weekend afternoons, you'll probably find them on the flying trapeze or wakeboarding behind Betty Blue.
- Author(s)Cricket Liu,Paul Albitz
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication02/06/2006
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1033 g
- Width177 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
Best-selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £29.42Trending at £29.90
- £4.99Trending at £7.11
- £15.72Trending at £16.16
- £6.79Trending at £8.79
- £13.57Trending at £14.64
- £29.13Trending at £33.15
- £23.56Trending at £31.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.