All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.54
- £9.51Trending at £10.01
- £2.70Trending at £2.73
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.33
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
- £6.88Trending at £7.10
About this product
- DescriptionDancing at the crossroads used to be young people's opportunity to meet and enjoy themselves on mild summer evenings in the countryside in Ireland - until this practice was banned by law, the Public Dance Halls Act in 1935. This book conveys that Ireland is to be found in a crossroads situation with a firm base in a distinctly Irish tradition.
- Author BiographyHelena Wulff is Associate Professor of Social Anthropology at Stockholm University. Publications include Twenty Girls (Almqvist & Wiksell International, 1988), Ballet across Borders (Berg, 1998), Youth Cultures (co-edited with Vered Amit-Talai, Routledge, 1995), New Technologies at Work (co-edited with Christina Garsten, Berg, 2003). Her research focusses on dance, visual culture, and Ireland.
- Author(s)Helena Wulff
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication04/12/2007
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleDance & Performance Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.