Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £5.54Trending at £5.72
- £10.15Trending at £14.94
About this product
- DescriptionAfter an introduction about contaminated sites in Europe and the United States, as well as risk-based environmental management concepts and principles, this book provides an analysis of the main steps and tools for the development of decision support systems.
- Author BiographyAndrea Critto Lecturer in Environmental Risk Assessment and research associate at Department of Environmental Sciences; senior researcher at Interdepartmental Centre for the Dynamic Interactions between Economy, Environment and Society (IDEAS), the University Ca' Foscari of Venice, Italy. His main research activity concerns Environmental Risk Assessment and Management associated with: a) development of Decision Support Systems for the integration of environmental, technological, economical and societal issues; b) formulation of Environmental Quality Standards and planning of environmental monitoring; c) selection/comparison of remedial technologies for contaminated sites. Dr. Critto received his Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences at the University Ca' Foscari of Venice, Italy, with specialization in Environmental Risk Assessment and GIS-based Decision Support Systems (DSS) for risk based environmental management. Antonio Marcomini Professor of Environmental Chemistry at the University Ca' Foscari of Venice, he has been post-doctoral fellow at the University of Toronto (Canada) and research associate at the EAWAG-ETH Institute of Water Science and Technology , Duebendorf (Switzerland). He has written extensively on the environmental behaviour (i.e. identification and determination, degradation and bioaccumulation, fate and transport, etc.) of both naturally occurring and synthetic chemicals, on impact and human health/ecological risk assessment of chemical pollutants, on environmental sustainability of degraded land/ecosystems rehabilitation, and on tools (procedures, protocols, decision support systems) for environmental decision making. He is author/coauthor of approx. 160 publications appeared in peer reviewed international journals, as well as of book chapters. Coordinator/scientific responsible of several international and national projects, his current research work focuses on characterization and risk assessment of emerging pollutants, especially nanoparticles and nanomaterials. Glenn W. Suter II Glenn W. Suter II is Science Advisor in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's National Center for Environmental Assessment-Cincinnati, and was formerly a Senior Research Staff Member in the Environmental Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, U.S.A. He has a Ph.D. in Ecology from the University of California, Davis, and 30 years of professional experience including 25 years of experience in ecological risk assessment. He is the principal author of three texts in the field of ecological risk assessment, editor of two other books and author of more than a hundred open literature publications. He is Associate Editor for Ecological Risk of Human and Ecological Risk Assessment, and Reviews Editor for the Society for Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry (SETAC). He has served on the International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis Task Force on Risk and Policy Analysis, the Board of Directors of SETAC, an Expert Panel for the Council on Environmental Quality, and the editorial boards of five journals. He is the recipient of numerous awards and honors; most notably, he is an Elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science; and he received SETAC's Global Founder's Award, their award for career achievement, and the EPA's Level 1 Scientific and Technical Achievement Award. His research experience includes development and application of methods for ecological risk assessment and ecological epidemiology, development of soil microcosm and fish toxicity tests, and environmental monitoring. His work is currently focused on the development of methods for determining the causes of biological impairments.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note90 black & white illustrations, 40 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1810 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAndrea Critto,Antonio Marcomini,Glenn Walter Suter
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement1st Edition. 2nd Printing. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.