All listings for this product
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £8.41Trending at £8.54
- £7.57Trending at £8.47
- £33.52Trending at £42.34
- £37.38Trending at £41.73
- £31.56Trending at £36.28
- £6.59Trending at £8.98
- £9.98Trending at £12.99
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGwendelyn S. Nisbett,Lindsey A. Harvell
- Table Of ContentsTerror Management Theory: Exploring the Role of Death in Life, A. Darrell & T. Pyszczynski. Communicating About Death: A Look Inside Terror Management Theory and the Field of Communication, G.S. Nisbett & L.A. Harvell. Terror Management and Politics: Comparing and Integrating the 'Conservative Shift' and 'Political Worldview Defense' Hypotheses, S. Kosloff, M. Landau, & B. Burke. Bridging Health and Death: Insights and Questions From a Terror Management Health Model, M. Spina, J. Arndt, P. Boyd, & J. Goldenberg. Terror Management, Crime, and Law, M. Heen, J.D. Lieberman, & J. Arndt. Marketing, Money, and Mortality, T.F. Stillman & L.A. Harvell. The Existential Function of Parasocial Relationship Interaction, S.M. Semmler. An Experimental Examination of Mortality-Salience Manipulation Type and Length of Delay on Presidential Support and Civic Engagement, J. Green & P. Merle. Time Waits for No One: Mortality Salience and Temporal Agency, M.S. McGlone & N.A. Merola. Death is Coming, but I'm Too Scared To Think About It : Defining and Distinguishing The Roles of Death and Fear as Motivators to Cognitive, Affective, and Behavioral Change, A.L. Lancaster, N.D. Bowman, & L.A. Harvell. Gender and Terror Management Theory, S.A. Passalacqua. Using Persuasion to Save Lives: A Counterattack Plan for Suicide, Substance Abuse, and Psychological Distress Prevention, M.J. Sherratt, G.C. Corser, & H. Monson. Running in While Running Out: First Responders Communication During Traumatic Events, D. Rodriguez, T.A. Avtgis, & C.J. Liberman. TMT in LAS: Lessons from A Terror Management Field Experiment at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, L.A. Harvell, T.F. Stillman, G.S. Nisbett, K. Cranney, & A. Schow. Cultural Universals and Differences in Dealing with Death, Y.C. Park & T. Pyszczynski.
- Author BiographyLindsey A. Harvell received her Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma in Social Influence and Political Communication in 2012. She is an assistant professor in the School of Communication Studies and an affiliate faculty member in the Department of Psychology at James Madison University. Dr. Harvell's research focuses on the extension of terror management theory (TMT) and using existential awareness in persuasive message design. Her research also focuses on political advertising messages and studying the effects of existential awareness on these messages. Gwendelyn S. Nisbett received her Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma in Social Influence and Political Communication in 2011. She is an assistant professor of strategic communication in the Mayborn School of Journalism at the University of North Texas. Dr. Nisbett's research examines the intersection of mediated social influence, political communication, and popular culture. Her research incorporates a multimethods approach to understanding the influence of fandom and celebrity in political and civic engagement.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.