All listings for this product
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £20.80Trending at £22.01
- £14.67Trending at £14.90
- £23.74Trending at £26.07
- £16.94Trending at £24.61
- £17.29Trending at £28.07
- £23.56Trending at £40.22
- £11.91Trending at £20.05
About this product
- DescriptionDespite all the efforts being put into expanding renewable energy sources, large-scale power stations will be essential as part of a reliable energy supply strategy for a longer period. Given that they are low on CO2 emissions, many countries are moving into or expanding nuclear energy to cover their baseload supply.
- Author BiographyThe authors are extensively involved in planning, operating and inspecting, designing new buildings, retrofits and conversions and updating specific nuclear power rules. Dr.-Ing. habil. Rudiger Meiswinkel has been responsible for construction engineering at E.ON Kernkraft GmbH, Hanover/ Germany from 2001 to 2012 and operates since 2012 the MBI Bautechnik GmbH, Enkenbach-Alsenborn/ Germany. He is a member of Kerntechnische Gesellschaft e. V (Nuclear Association) and of Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Erdbebeningenieurwesen und Baudynamik e. V. DGEB (German Association of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics). Dr.-Ing. Julian Meyer is head of HOCHTIEF Consult IKS Energy, Frankfurt/ Germany. He is a member of technical standard committees and project groups, inter alia with regard to design and construction of nuclear power plants. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jurgen Schnell is director of the Institute of concrete structures and structural engineering at Technical University Kaiserslautern/ Germany. He is a member of numerous German and European technical standard committees and committees of independent experts. Since 2012 he is head of the German Committee for Structural Concrete (DAfStb).
- Author(s)Julian Meyer,Jurgen Schnell,Rudiger Meiswinkel
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- GenreEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Series TitleBeton-Kalender Series
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWilhelm Ernst & Sohn Verlag fur Architektur und technische Wissenschaften
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight392 g
- Width171 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byFrank Fingerloos,Johann-Dietrich Worner,Konrad Bergmeister
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.