All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeaders, managers, and mentors are charged with getting people to stretch their limits, but they avoid doing it because of the potential for tension and conflict. The author offers a technique that enables readers to take their people through the discomfort zone with minimal pain and maximum gain.
- Author BiographyDr. Marcia Reynolds, president of Covisioning LLC, is fascinated by the brain, especially what triggers enthusiasm and innovation. This fascination has led her down many roads in her desire to stay on top of the shifts in employee engagement and leadership development. On this journey, she wove together three areas of expertise: organizational change, coaching and emotional intelligence. She is able to draw on these areas as she works with her latest passion-changing the conversations leaders have at work. She feels the most effective leaders help people think more broadly for themselves. When leaders have powerful conversations that change people's minds from the inside out, the workplace comes alive with an eagerness to discover what is possible. Her first expertise, organizational change, developed out of necessity when facing the challenges of running corporate training departments in the 1980's and 90's. Her greatest success came as a result of designing the employee development program for a semiconductor manufacturing company facing bankruptcy. Working with the executive staff, the company not only turned around, it became the top IPO in the United States in 1993. However, as a corporate trainer, Marcia experienced the frustration of watching people enjoy their training classes and then apply very little of what they learned. In her search for new techniques, she enrolled in a coaching school in 1995 when she started her own business. She quickly saw the power of coaching to make the mental shifts required to sustain change. Her passion for the profession led her to become president of the International Coach Federation in 2000 and be one of the first 25 people in the world to hold the certification of Master Certified Coach. She now coaches executives and teaches coaching in her leadership classes worldwide. She is the president elect for the Association for Coach Training Organizations (ACTO) and serves as Training Director for the Healthcare Coaching Institute (HCI). She also is on the faculty of coach training schools in Russia and China. At the same time that Marcia found coaching, she discovered emotional intelligence. She then designed and taught courses around the world. Her curiosity led her to dig deeper into the research that was redefining how we learn and evolve and get her doctorate in organizational psychology. This led her deeper insights into the problems many of her coaching clients were experiencing. Her doctoral work helped improve both her coaching and training. She shares her insights with coaches around the world, hoping to increase consciousness and caring as well as innovation. Excerpts from Marcia's award-winning books Outsmart Your Brain and Wander Woman How High-Achieving Women Find Contentment and Direction, have appeared in many places including Harvard Communications Newsletter, Cosmopolitan, and The New York Times and she has appeared on ABC World News. Her new book, The Discomfort Zone: How Leaders Turn Difficult Conversations into Breakthroughs, has been discussed in Fast Company, Fortune, Globe and Mail and on HR.com as well as in many top leadership blogs. In her spare time, Marcia accumulates degrees. Her doctoral degree is in organizational psychology with a research focus on high-achievers in today's corporations. She holds two masters degrees in education and communications.
- Author(s)Marcia Reynolds
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- Series TitleUK Professional Business Management / Business
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight530 g
- Width56 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £42.81Trending at £44.99
- £40.97Trending at £44.64
- £12.27Trending at £15.18
- £8.24Trending at £10.00
- £4.93Trending at £7.98
- £16.20Trending at £18.99
- £56.77Trending at £60.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.