Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.76
- £14.86Trending at £17.00
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.10Trending at £6.27
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £11.71Trending at £12.90
- £23.44Trending at £39.99
About this product
- Description* Brings fresh perspectives and new insights to the analysis of the impact of transatlantic strategic dissonance on European security. * Reflects on the bitter disputes that have crystallized across the Atlantic after 9/11 and the rise of terrorist, WMD and failed state threats.
- Author BiographyDr Tuomas Forsberg is Acting Professor of World Politics at the University of Helsinki and adjunct professor at the University of Lapland. Between 2002 and 2004 he was Professor of Western European Security Studies at the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. Prior to that he worked as senior researcher and acting director at the Finnish Institute of International Affairs. He gained his PhD at the University of Wales, Aberystwyth in 1998. His research has dealt primarily with European security issues, focusing on ESDP, Germany, Russia and Northern Europe and he has published in journals including Co-operation and Conflict, European Security, Geopolitics, Journal of Peace Research, Political Science Quarterly, Review of International Studies and Security Dialogue. His most recent publication is Finland and Crises: From the Years of Danger to the Terrorist Attacks (2003). Dr Graeme P. Herd is a resident Faculty Member at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy and is involved with expert training in comprehensive international peace and security policy for mid-career diplomats, military officers, and civil servants from foreign, defence, and other relevant ministries, as well as from international organizations. He is also an Associate Fellow of the International Security Programme at Chatham House. Between 2002 and 2005 he was Professor of Civil-Military Relations, Associate Director, Senior Executive Seminar and Faculty Director of Research at the George C. Marshall European Center for Security Studies, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany. He has published extensively on aspects of contemporary security politics, particularly on post-Soviet space, in journals including Armed Forces & Society, Co-operation and Conflict, European Security, Journal of Peace Research, Journal of Slavic Military Studies, Mediterranean Politics, Political Science Quarterly, Security Dialogue, and The World Today. His books include Russia and the Regions: Strength through Weakness (2003) and Soft Security Threats and European Security (2005), co-edited with Anne Aldis. His latest book is forthcoming in 2006 and focuses on countering ideological support for terrorism.
- Author(s)Graeme Herd,Tuomas Forsberg
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2006
- GenreInternational Relations
- Series TitleChatham House Papers
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note0
- Weight408 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.