All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating selection of photographs traces some of the many ways in which Dorset Pubs have changed and developed over the last century.
- Author BiographyTim Edgell is passionate about beer and is an avid collector of brewery memorabilia. He is a member of CAMRA and the Brewery History Society. Previously he co-authored of Gloucestershire Pubs and Breweries with Geoff Sandles. Hopes that the book will encourage readers to visit a Dorset pub and savour the flavour of local ale. He lives in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire Hugh Elmes was born in1943 in a small town called Wareham in Dorset. Educated at local schools, he left at the age of 15 and spent the next 45 years in the motor trade. He started with an apprenticeship, then became a sales rep and ending up managing a garage. He retired at the age of 60 which gave him time to become a volunteer at his local museum and also being a Guardian at two local churches. He also wrote books about his life in Wareham which he self-published. He also wrote two books about Lawrence of Arabia that were accepted by the Lawrence Society. He lives in Wareham, Dorset.
- Author(s)Hugh Elmes,Tim Edgell
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleThrough Time
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note184 Illustrations, unspecified
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.92
- £14.86Trending at £17.00
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.52Trending at £7.18
- £6.10Trending at £6.27
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.