Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.73
- £10.35Trending at £11.00
- £8.72Trending at £9.13
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £8.91Trending at £9.94
- £24.93Trending at £25.91
- £11.71Trending at £12.83
About this product
- DescriptionThe Second Edition of Earth Structure: An Introduction to Structural Geology and Tectonics takes a balanced approach to the subject-emphasizing links between structural features at all scales (microscopic, hand-specimen, outcrop, mountain-range) and deformation processes.
- Author BiographyBen A. van der Pluijm is Professor of Geological Sciences and Professor of the Environment at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He is (co-)author of more than 120 research articles and editor/board member of several international journals. His research focuses on brittle and ductile faults, crustal architecture of collisional belts, intraplate deformation, microstructures and textures, and geochronology, with main field areas in North America, South America and Europe. In addition to teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Geological Sciences, he coordinates Michigan's interdisciplinary Global Change Curriculum and is involved with various technology-supported educational initiatives. Stephen Marshak is professor of geology at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, where he is also the director of the School of Earth, Society, and Environment. He holds an A.B. from Cornell University, an M.S. from the University of Arizona, and a Ph.D. from Columbia University. Steve's research interests lie in structural geology and tectonics. This work has taken him into the field on a number of continents. Steve loves teaching and has won his college's and university's highest teaching awards. In addition to research papers and Earth Science, Steve has also authored Earth: Portrait of a Planet, Essentials of Geology, and has co-authored the Laboratory Manual for Introductory Geology, Earth Structure: An Introduction to Structural Geology and Tectonics, and Basic Methods of Structural Geology.
- Author(s)Ben A. Van der Pluijm,Stephen Marshak
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication13/02/2004
- GenreEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note570 black & white figures
- Weight1609 g
- Width221 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.