All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents a powerful critique of global neoliberal economic policies, assessed from the perspective of human rights norms.
- Author BiographyRadhika Balakrishnan, Executive Director of the Center for Women's Global Leadership, and Professor, Women's and Gender Studies at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. Previously, she was Professor of Economics and International Studies at Marymount Manhattan College. She has worked at the Ford Foundation as a program officer in the Asia Regional Program. She is currently the Chair of the Board of the US Human Rights Network and on the Board of the Center for Constitutional Rights. She is the author of Why MES with Human Rights: Integrating Macro Economic Strategies with Human Rights (Marymount Manhattan College, New York, 2005). She edited The Hidden Assembly Line: Gender Dynamics of Subcontracted Work in a Global Economy (Kumarian Press, 2001) and co-edited Good Sex: Feminist Perspectives from the Worlds Religions, with Patricia Jung and Mary Hunt (Rutgers University Press, 2000). She has also authored numerous articles that have appeared in books and journals. Diane Elson holds a Chair in Sociology at the University of Essex, UK and is a member of the Essex Human Rights Centre. She has acted as advisor to UNIFEM, UNDP, Oxfam, and other development agencies and is a past vice president of the International Association for Feminist Economics. She has published widely on gender and development. Her academic degrees include a B.A. in philosophy, politics, and economics from the University of Oxford; and a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Manchester.
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- GenreEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byDiane Elson,Radhika Balakrishnan
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £9.57Trending at £11.77
- £32.27Trending at £33.14
- £10.75Trending at £13.15
- £11.32Trending at £11.64
- £10.55Trending at £11.17
- £7.52Trending at £9.98
- £7.52Trending at £8.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.